test bank contains questions pertaining to
Federal Aviation Regulations
. The following list contains only a relatively small percentage of the pertinent
questions. Our software, which you are free to download now at no cost, will
generally contain a much more complete set of questions associated with this
test bank. This list is intended only to familiarize you in a general way with
the questions of the
FAA Written Test Prep Software
That said, while the following questions are intended
as a general familiarization tool, this list may not be up-to-date nor accurate.
We do not update this website as often as we update our software, which will
contain at any moment all questions that we have for a given test / topic. Therefore,
if you need to actually study for your test, instead of using the list below,
we strongly, strongly encourage you to download our GroundSchool
written test prep software. Not only is it more complete and more up to date,
but it also includes answers and explanation and has many features to make your
study fast and efficient.
from the FAA
- What cruising altitude is appropriate for VFR on Top on a westbound flight below 18,000 feet?
- To meet the minimum instrument experience requirements, within the last 6 calendar months you need
- After your recent IFR experience lapses, how much time do you have before you must pass an instrument competency check to act as pilot in command under IFR?
- What additional flight hours, within the preceding 6 calendar months, are required to maintain IFR currency in a helicopter if you already have 3 hours in an instrument simulator?
- How may a pilot satisfy the recent flight experience requirement necessary to act as pilot in command in IMC in powered aircraft? Within the previous 6 calendar months, logged
- What additional instrument experience is required for you to meet the recent flight experience requirements to act as pilot in command of an airplane under IFR?
Your present instrument experience within the preceding 6 calendar months is:
1. 3 hours with holding, intercepting,
and tracking courses in an approved
airplane flight simulator.
2. two instrument approaches in an
- To carry passengers for hire in an airplane on cross country flights of more than 50 NM from the departure airport, the pilot in command is required to hold at least
- When making an airborne VOR check, what is the maximum allowable tolerance between the two indicators of a dual VOR system (units independent of each other except the antenna)?
- In the event of two-way radio communications failure while operating on an IFR clearance in VFR conditions the pilot should continue
- When a pilot elects to proceed to the selected alternate airport, which minimums apply for landing at the alternate?
- If during an ILS approach in IFR conditions, the approach lights are not visible upon arrival at the DH, the pilot is
- What are the minimum fuel requirements in IFR conditions, if the first airport of intended landing is forecast to have a 1,500 foot ceiling and 3 miles visibility at flight-planned ETA? Fuel to fly to the first airport of intended landing,
- For helicopters, is an alternate airport required for an IFR flight to ATL (Atlanta Hartsfield) if the proposed ETA is 1930Z?
TAF KATL 121720Z 121818 20012KT 5SM HZ BKN030
FM2000 3SM TSRA OVC025CB
FM2200 33015G20KT P6SM BKN015 OVC040 BECMG 0608
02008KT BKN 040 BECMG 1012 00000KT P6SM CLR=
- For helicopters, what minimum conditions must exist at the destination airport to avoid listing an alternate airport on an IFR flight plan when a standard IAP is available?
- During your preflight planning for an IFR flight, you determine that the first airport of intended landing has no instrument approach prescribed in 14 CFR part 97. The weather forecast for one hour before through one hour after your estimated time of arrival is 3000' scattered with 5 miles visibility.
To meet the fuel requirements for this flight, you must be able to fly to the first airport of intended landing,
- What record shall be made in the aircraft log or other permanent record by the pilot making the VOR operational check?
- When is an IFR clearance required during VFR weather conditions?
- For helicopters, what forecast weather minimums are required to list an airport as an alternate on an IFR flight plan if the airport has VOR approach only?
- An aircraft operated under 14 CFR part 91 IFR is required to have which of the following?
- Except when necessary for takeoff or landing or unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, the minimum altitude for IFR flight is
(Refer to figure 133.)
What action should the pilot take if the marker beacon receiver becomes inoperative during the S ILS 9 approach at Riverside Municipal?
- When is a pilot on an IFR flight plan responsible for avoiding other aircraft?
list above contains 1/4 or less of the actual number of questions
and may not be up to date! Download the software today to get
access to all available questions.
more information about the
test bank, click here.
Content, and Accuracy Notice: the questions presented here and the organization
thereof include both elements whose copyright status is consistent with that
of many US government publications and elements whose copyright status is vested
in Dauntless Software, a private concern. Dauntless Software grants visitors
permission to use the contents of this page for personal use - commercial or
public use, including collecting (or harvesting) of any data or material on
this page is strictly prohibited. This material is presented for informational
purposes only and may be in error. Dauntless Software works hard to maintain
our FAA written test question banks. If you see an error on this web page, it
is likely NOT an error that is repeated in our software, as our software (unlike
this web page) is connected to our editorial mechanism whose mission is to quickly
identify and correct errors. If you see what you believe to be an error, please
download and try our software to see if the error is repeated there. If you
believe it is, you can use the issue-reporting mechanisms within the software
to contact our editors about any concern you may have and we will be happy to
look into it promptly.